Hello, friends in this post I am going to share the difference between shared hosting, VPS, dedicated, and cloud hosting. I am sharing this post because it’s really very confusing to select good web hosting for your blog or website.
Web hosting is not the thing that we change regularly. Once selected we stay with that web hosting for a long time.
Recently one of my friends asked me which web hosting he should buy. Also, there are many people who really don’t understand the difference between these web hosting packages.
So friends without wasting any time let’s start this post.
Shared Vs VPS Vs Dedicated Vs Cloud Hosting
1. What is Shared Hosting
In shared hosting, you share the server resources with the other sites. You will never know who is your neighbor. They can be bad sites or good sites.
You don’t have to manage the server, Web hosting admin will manage all this for you and you can simply focus on building your site.
Shared hosting is really a very good option for beginners bloggers since the price is cheap and also with the help of Cpanel managing your websites becomes easier.
Eg: Think of this like you are living in an apartment where all the other residents are sharing the same lift, staircase, car parking, society garden, etc.
- Cheap price
- Good for beginners
- Easy to manage because of Cpanel
- You don’t need to take care of the server security and maintenance
- Limited Resources
- The site loading speed will be slow
- Cannot handle high traffic spikes
- No scaling option you will have to upgrade to a higher plan
2. What is VPS Hosting
If your blog or website gets a good amount of traffic then VPS hosting will be a good option. In VPS Hosting you will have to manage all the server tasks like security, maintenance, upgrades as well as many other things. In VPS hosting there are few sites along with you as compared to shared hosting
You will get the root access. For beginners, it will be a little though to manage VPS hosting as it requires you to have technical skills.
Eg: In VPS hosting you share the same building along with other residents but you will have to take care of your room security, maintenance, etc.
- Speed is Good
- You get dedicated space
- Affordable option as compared to dedicated hosting
- It is scalable
- You will have root access and you can install anything on your vps server
- Suitable for high traffic sites
- You will have to take care of the security, maintain and upgrades of the server.
- Technical skills required
- Know of CMD language
- Expensive then shared hosting
3. What is Dedicated Hosting
In Dedicated Hosting only your site is stored on a physical server. You will have complete access to all the resources and you don’t share your resources with other sites like VPS or shared hosting server.
But you will have to take care of your whole server and maintenance. You will need to have the technical knowledge to handle the dedicated server. The speed of the dedicated server is really very fast.
Eg: Think of this as you own a complete building, only you stay in that building and you don’t share anything with anybody else.
- Lightning-fast speed
- Dedicated IP
- You don’t share the resources with anybody
- don’t have to worry about bad neighbors
- Expensive as compared to shared and VPS server
- Need technical expertise
- Need to maintain security and upgrades
- If anything goes wrong then you are only responsible for that.
4. What is Cloud Hosting
In Cloud hosting, you share the resources with other sites but there is a large number of sites that are virtually connected with each other.
If one of the servers goes down then this will not affect your website. Your website will be served from the other machines in the network.
Cloud hosting is really fast and they have the option to scale as your website grows and it can handle large traffic spikes as well.
- You sites stay up every time
- Little to no downtime
- Scalability option
- Easy to manage
- If it is unmanaged then you need to have the technical expertise
So friends I hope that now you have got very good idea of these web hosting packages. I tried my level best to explain the difference between shared vs VPS vs dedicated vs cloud hosting.
If you liked this post then please give it 1 like and share on your social media sites. If you have anydoubt regarding this post then feel free to ask me in the comment section below. Thank you.